Sample Coaching Agreement from ICF – This is one sample of an agreement. It is not intended to be the only type of agreement.
To my client: Please review, adjust, sign where indicated, and return to me at the above address.
INITIAL TERM ____ MONTHS, FROM _____________ THROUGH _______________
FEE $_______ PER MONTH, $ ___________ FOR THE PROJECT
SESSION DAY ___________________ SESSION TIME ______________________
NUMBER OF SESSIONS PER MONTH __________________
DURATION ___________________ (length of scheduled session)
REFERRED BY: ______________________________________________
GROUND RULES: 1. CLIENT CALLS THE COACH AT THE SCHEDULED TIME.
2. CLIENT PAYS COACHING FEES IN ADVANCE
3. CLIENT PAYS FOR LONG-DISTANCE CHARGES, IF ANY.
1. As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during my coaching calls, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
2. I understand that “coaching” is a Professional-Client relationship I have with my coach that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
3. I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
4. I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
5. I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with the mental health care provider regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
6. I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
7. I understand that certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training OR consultation purposes.
8. I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
I have read and agree to the above.
________________________________________________Client Signature Date:
PLEASE REVIEW WITH YOUR ATTORNEY BEFORE USE, CONTRACTUAL LAWS VARIES BUY STATE.